I’m Zaynab
I died when I lost HusainI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI’m ZaynabAll my life I lived in painI’m ZaynabI died when I lost HusainMy grief started when I lost mankind’s true mercyAfter that loss, I lost Zahra, and then ‘AliThe broken rib, the struck head of ‘Ali haunts meMy grief deepened seeing Hassan dying slowlyHow can I live now without you, my dearHow can I see your head shine on a spearI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI’m ZaynabAll my life I lived in painI’m ZaynabI died when I lost HusainMy heart was shattered on the day Husain was killedThe day of 10th when the whole world with blood was filledUpon my mind, sorrow and pain was instilledO Lord, let our small sacrifice be now fulfilledO Shi’a, when you’re thirsty, say his nameO Shi’a, curse the one who lit the flameI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI am the mother of sorrowsWherever I go, woe followsI’m ZaynabAll my life I lived in painI’m ZaynabI died when I lost Husain
Friday, November 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment